For over 15 years, Andrea has found herself in the position of advocate, mentor, educator and coach for those families who have an ASD diagnosis (Autism Spectrum Disorder). What began as meetings over coffee or tea, in family homes or local coffee firmly established her as an ASD Parenting Expert within the ASD community. She works with parents helping them navigate through the maze of supports to ascertain what each individual family needs offering them comfort in the knowledge that they have discovered the path for what’s right for her clients.
At the epicenter of Andrea’s Parent Coaching is advocacy for clients and their families living their best lives. Andrea has supported families from the newly diagnosed to those living with adult clients uncertain for the future. Her primary source of inspiration is her son who against the odds, finished his grade 12, attended a 2 year college program and recently launched his own business. www.aidansanimationnetwork.ca
Parent Coaching sessions offer a series of supports for families including:
- Letting Go – assisting parents with letting go of their fears, emotions and uncertainty around the adult child with ASD diagnosis
- Anxiety – helping parents navigate through their own anxieties and worries
- Frustration – help parents find solutions that work to streamline paperwork, household space
- Meditation and Mindfulness for parents
- Personal Parent Care – mind, body and spirit – putting parent’s needs first
All coaching sessions begin with a complementary 15-minute consultation and are offered in 4 – 6 week sessions to ensure that parents get the support they deserve!